Gauge & Press Wheel Scrapers
Gauge Wheel Scrapers
Press Wheel Scrapers
Mud build up can lead to shallow plantings, delayed emergence and overall reduction in yield.
With the Gauge and Press Wheel Scrapers you will be able to spend more time on the tractor with less time cleaning your depth wheels. No down time cleaning the wheels equals more acres planted per day.
About Our Wheel Scrapers
The Gauge and Press Wheel Scraper consists of an adjustable poly blade or a metal blade (for JD press wheel scrapers) that keeps the depth wheel clean and mud-free allowing you to keep an even and consistent seed depth.
The Gauge Wheel Scraper easily welds or bolts onto most planters and once the wheel scraper is installed, with a one wrench design, it will conveniently flip out of the way when you are not using it.
Press Wheel Scrapers for JD & Kinze Planters do not have Poly Scrapers—they are metal only.
Benefits of our Wheel Scrapers
- Keeps the gauge and press wheel clean even in loose, muddy soil
- Keeps the gauge wheel clean so seed depth does not change
- Affordable and economical
- No hand cleaning = More planting
- Readily adaptable on most planters
- Welds or bolts on
- Flips out of the way when not needed
- Scrapers are made of high molecular poly for wearability
- Designed shape to fit contour of tire
- Scrapers are adjustable in and out–up and down to fit any tire
Scrapers for Case IH
Gauge Wheel Scraper
The Case IH 1200 planters from 2002 and newer that have the 5/8” X 3” bolt on gauge wheel will accept the Schaffert scraper to clean the gauge wheels of mud.
Prior to 2002 the IH planters had a water pump bearing that was held on the gauge wheel arm with a roll pin. The newer planter cannot have a scraper that is bolted on the outside of the gauge wheel arm because it would interfere with the large transport wheels Case IH put on many of their larger planters, especially the narrow transport and central fill planters.
Schaffert Mfg. Co. has introduced a new scraper that bolts on the inside of the gauge wheel arms on the 2002 and newer planters. This new scraper eliminates the problems associated with the lift and transport wheels on these newer planters.
Schaffert Mfg. Co. has had a gauge wheel scraper for the older Case IH planters for years. The plastic scraper has vertical slotted holes with horizontal holes in the bracket to give a person in and out and up and down movement to fit the gauge wheel tires properly.
These gauge wheel scrapers will give you a clean tire in all wet planting conditions, keeping the planter units from riding out of the ground.
The Case IH gauge wheel scraper is very easy to install without drilling any holes. When ordering you will need right and left hand brackets.
Press Wheel Scraper
- Square hole and optional carriage bolt added to bend scraper around tire
- With the bolt, the scraper curves to fit contour of tire
- Remove the optional carriage bolt to eliminate the curve and run as a straight scraper
- Made of high molecular poly for wearability
Chicken Tracker Scraper
Press Wheel Scraper for Great Plains
Press Wheel Scraper for John Deere 455 Drills
Updated Gauge Wheel Scraper
for John Deere, Kinze, and White planters
We've recently updated the gauge wheel scraper bracket for John Deere, Kinze, and White planters. The updated mounting bracket features a longer nut and more weld.